110 Nalbandyan Str. 0001 Yerevan, Armenia
+37410 519-890

Tour operator in Armenia


  • Armenian version English version Russian version French version Italian version

St. Gregory the Illuminator Cathedral





All Images

Century of Foundation: XXI Date of Foundation: 2001 Region: Yerevan Location: Yervand Kochar Str. St. Gregory the Illuminator Cathedral of Yerevan is an ensemble of 3 churches which together seat nearly 2,000. The main church seats 1700 - a symbolic reference to the 1700th anniversary of the adoption of Christianity as a state religion, for which commemoration it was commissioned. The two chapels have a capacity of 150 to 200 each. They are named after Tiridates and Ashkhen, the Armenian King and Queen who converted to Christianity in 301 AD and declared Christianity as a State religion. The total area of the church is 3,200 square meters (34,500 square feet).

Comments (0) Leave comment



Imega Tour and Travel © 2006-2017