110 Nalbandyan Str. 0001 Yerevan, Armenia
+37410 519-890

Tour operator in Armenia


  • Armenian version English version Russian version French version Italian version

St. Sargis





All Images

Century of Foundation: XV Date of Foundation: 1450 Region: Yerevan Location: 21 Israyelyan Str. The St. Sargis Church was built in 1450.Standing upon the upper part of Dzoragyugh and facing the old Yerevan Fortress on the left bank of the River Hrazdan, a desert-monastery functioned there since the earliest Christian era. St. Sargis Church, together with the desert-monastery, was destroyed by the great earthquake of 1679 but was rebuilt on the same site during the reign of Catholicos Edesatsi Nahabet (1691-1705). The present St. Sargis Church was rebuilt once again during the period 1835-1842. In 2000 a new gavit was added.

Comments (0) Leave comment



Imega Tour and Travel © 2006-2017