110 Nalbandyan Str. 0001 Yerevan, Armenia
+37410 519-890

Tour operator in Armenia


  • Armenian version English version Russian version French version Italian version

Kecharis





All Images

Century of Foundation: XI Date of Foundation: 1003 Region: Kotayk Location: Tsaghkadzor The Kecharis complex was built in the 11th-13th centuries. The domed hall of St Gregory Church, its most ancient structure, dates back to 1003. It faces a small chapel south of Holy Cross and, farther southward, the cross-domed church Gatoghike (13th century). The name of the architect-Vetziq - is memorialized by a remarkably beautiful khachkar erected on the eastern side of the ensemble. Toward the end of the 12th century a four-column gavit, the earliest of its kind, arose on the western side of St Gregory Church. The small domed church of Arutyun (1220) with a perfectly original gavit lies nearby. The tombstones and sites steles of the complex date from the 11th-13th centuries.

Comments (0) Leave comment



Imega Tour and Travel © 2006-2017